October 31, 2021
Dear prospective participants of ICTS14
We would like to apologize for two things today to all the prospective participants of ICTS14. Firstly, for the delay in sharing the latest updates on the conference, and secondly for deciding to postpone the start of registration.
We are continuing our preparations, basically assuming that the conference can be held onsite, as we have been planning for some time, but there are still travel restrictions and the need for careful measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
Therefore, we decided to delay the start of registration until December 20th for a more accurate assessment of the possibility of travel. We are still hopeful but would like to avoid additional procedures such as refunds in case the situation does not improve after registration.
Though we have postponed the registration we would like to share with you some information, especially the onsite registration fees and a few registration regulations.
At this point, we are considering the possibility of holding the conference via a hybridformat, in which case, the registration fee for online participants will differ from the fees announced below.
Thank you for your cooperation and we hope you will understand.
We will make every effort to hold a satisfying conference.
● Registration Fees
|Early bird Registration:|
(20 Dec 2021 – 31 Jan 2022)
|Regular Registration： |
(1 Feb – 31 Mar 2022)
|Last minutes Rate:|
(1 Apr – 28 Apr 2022)
|Non-Student||24,000 JPY||28,000 JPY||32,000 JPY|
|Student*||12,000 JPY||16,000 JPY||20,000 JPY|
● Registration Regulations and Payment Procedure:
- All participants who are presenting individual papers or in panels are asked to register during the Early bird period.
- All participants are required to register on their own. It is not possible to have, for example, the panel organizer registers or pays for all panel members at once.
- Please note that we only accept credit card payments. The following credit cards are usable: VISA, MASTER, JCB, AMEX, and DINERS. If you have problem with the payment method we offer, please contact us.
- If you need a payment certificate, you can download it online or request the conference secretariat.
- Please make an account if you are new to the “Confit” conference management system, during the registration period. If you had made an account in the system before, please log in with the ID you already have.
- We will ask all participants to fill in information on: Family name and Given name, your title, affiliation, residential address, email address, Dietary Restriction, or other information you may have which need to be communicated to the conference secretariat, and we will also ask if you are interested in attending the banquet probably with additional charge we are planning to hold on May1 on the last day of the conference.
- Upon registration, a confirmation email will be sent automatically.
● What we mean when we say “hybrid conference”: Those participating virtually (on-line only) will be able to upload one’s presentation videos, materials and webinar links in our electronic program which all participants will be able to view. Participants can exchange comments with the other participants in the corresponding threads.
Although we do not plan to have live-streaming of all the presentations and discussions that will be held on-site, virtual participants will be able to view the video data of the keynote speeches.
● Cancellation of Registration
- If you cancel by January 31, 2022, we will refund the remaining amount after deducting 10% for administrative fees. If you cancel by March 31, 2022, we will refund the remaining amount after deducting 30% for administrative fees. If you cancel by April 15, 2022, we will refund the remaining amount after deducting 50% for administrative fees. No refunds will be made for cancellations made two weeks prior (from April 16, 2022) to the conference date.
- We will announce the finalized format (on-site or hybrid) on December 20. In the event that we decide to hold the conference in a hybrid format, the registration fee for online-participants will be announced together with the format announcement.
If you register for on-site participation and then need to change your registration from on-site to virtual at a later point, you will need to cancel the previous registration once and re-register for virtual only participation once again.
|Cancel||by 31 Jan||by 31 Mar||by 15 Apr||after 16 Ap|
|Cancelation charge (Administrative fees)||10%||30%||50%||100%|
● Other Information
Travel grants to Students: We cannot yet announce whether we can provide student travel grants at this time.
About Your stay in Kyoto: You may arrange your own travel to Kyoto. However, as it is usually the busiest season, we have put some rooms on hold at the normal rate, and we will open ICTS14 local tour desk on our website in December to introduce and arrange your accommodations. If you would also like to make arrangement for your transportation in Japan or other arrangements for your stays, please check out the upcoming ICTS14 local tour desk.
If you have any questions, please contact the ICTS14 Conference Secretariat.
ICTS14 Conference Secretariat